Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Study of Plants

I picked up some postcards when I was at the BBG. I love these vintage photos of school kids visiting the gardens by Louis Buhle. Check out the lovely details on the clothes. 

 "Cotton, Flax and Barley" October 11, 1919
 
"Vegetable Crop Bag, Dorthy Kirchner," January 9, 1926
Super cute dress and embroidered bag. I had this hair cut at 6 years old - inspired by another Dorothy, Hamill that is...
 
"Elephant Ears, Norman Haas," April 4, 1923
Great wide striped collar.
 
"Study of Plants," December 10, 1927 
Terrific tweeds and argyle socks
 


6 comments:

Susan said...

The elephant ears remind me of the Omo people...have you see it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLR8wEvRfQ

webb said...

We ALL had that haircut at six years old. It was the only one that existed! Great pictures. Remind me of some we found in the attic of my mother-in-law as a child. Don't you love the boots with "plus fours"!

Sprout said...

Oh these are just wonderful! Wish someone would reproduce them into a set of notecards. ;-)

Jo said...

oh adorable pictures - the kids all look so serious.

chwanger said...

Ahh! I love that you're spending so much time at BBG (they're one of my clients!) Amazing place...p.s. you should bring your bebe to the "Bee-Day" celebration on June 12th! xoxo

Denise Fasanello said...

Susan - thank you for sending that youtube link! incredible!! I love all the natural headresses. Really beautiful xo