Wednesday, February 1, 2012

To be still

We did a photo shoot here in the studio last week and I wanted to give you a sneak peak. My main motivation is to debut my little ceramic flower (I slipped some into the tablescape). I've been churning them out while trying not to get too precious. Some have already exploded in the kiln. Oops. But then like any art form, we practice and practice and practice some more. Clay is teaching me patience. Speaking of practice and patience. I have all but abandoned mine, that is meditating. I find it incredible hard to wake with weak sunlight and sit quietly. The dark makes me sleep. And if I must get up before dark, it's a groggy dash to throw on whatever and seek strong coffee. But it does seem my littlest pheasant has cultivated a nice practice of sitting still. I love this picture (caught while I was cleaning). Talk soon. xo
 photos by Tory Williams


6 comments:

flwrjane said...

She's gotten so big.

Your flowers are lovely.

xo jane

Bow Street Flowers said...

You're hand-building!!!! What pretty flower. Are you throwing on the wheel too?

Brooke Howsley said...

I'd love to buy one of your ceramic beauties if you ever put them up for sale. So pretty!

7petals said...

Good for you, taking the ceramics plunge! They (the ceramic flower and your daughter are very sweet).

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Can't wait to see where those lovely ceramic flowers end up! Some charming event for sure. :-)

Cindy said...

your ceramic flowers are so pretty as is the cutie in the last photo. ommmm. enjoy your weekend!