Saturday, February 4, 2012

For the Home

Last week I had the opportunity to design flowers for a client's home. This has been a goal of mine for some time and I was thrilled to get the chance. Now we all love wedding flowers with their pomp and glory but as a designer I'm not gonna lie - it's one thing to create a little masterpiece but to then face the task of having to recreate it - oh, say 20 times...well, it can become a bit draining to say the least.  It was a nice change of pace to think about placement, lighting and interior design. I especially yearned to design cleaner and more modern flowers. What I took away from the experience was when designing interior flowers, the vase consideration is just if not more important than the flower choice. What a treat to wake to a nice arrangement by your bedside. I do hope I get more opportunities like this in the future. I was in heaven.


9 comments:

webb said...

You make me want to go throw my bunch of alstroemeria in the trash! They are lovely. Glad you got to stretch your designing muscles a bit.

Bow Street Flowers said...

I have a few clients whose homes I fill with flowers on special occasions... in their beautiful containers. I wish I had more. It really is my favorite job.

flwrjane said...

Lovely. Whose vases, yours or the clients?

What's really nice is that they are not overdone they don't look "done" at all if you know what I mean,

xo jane

Lotte & Bloom said...

totally with you on that. dream job...x

flowers on my table said...

Wonderful job, executed really well. You did well to photograph them too!Here's to much more of the same! Love Linda x

kat flower said...

well done d. x

7petals said...

Lovely! And sometimes using less is as challenging as using more.

Cindy said...

should i ever become wealthy enough to afford such beauty in every room i'll know who to call ... so pretty.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Love those poppies and the white roses in the McCoy cornucopia. I have a pair and am almost embarrassed to admit I've never put anything in them...I will now!