Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What can I say? But THANK YOU all for leaving me such encouraging words. I really sincerely appreciate the support. It's so comforting to know I am not alone. Who would guess blogging would be so rewarding on so many levels? Now, I wish we could all meet up after work and have a few cocktails!

I took your advice and had a slow couple of days. My family and I took a quick ferry ride over to Governor's Island on Sunday. What an amazing place - if in NYC I highly recommend a trip. I laid flat out on my back under a big tree and watched clouds for the whole afternoon. I am back in the saddle and feeling pumped for the next wedding this Saturday. 

I want to show you a totally different design from last week. This was hands down my most challenging bouquet yet. It contained blue hydrangea, clematis, lupine, hyacinth, delphinium, hand wired green cymbidiums and some cool tropical leaves.  The wedding was very modern and clean using bold blues, violets and magenta. I wanted a striking bouquet - not too rigid, seemed natural but not free flowing - does that make any sense at all? More to come. 









2 comments:

Urbanstems said...

Its Fab..the colours are brill. You worked your magic to the spec. Goodluck this weekend too. Glad you got to cloud watch. x

webb said...

How many ways are there to say gorgeous. They just get gorgeouser and gorgeouser.