Monday, August 9, 2010

Art in the Hudson

I've been laying low. Hence the limited posts lately. Sorry about that, but it's hot and humid and I'm all in my head these days. Dreaming of art, nature and all sorts of crafty things. Trying to take each day at a time, concentrate on one task at a time. That sort of thing. 

Today is my birthday. My 30's are quickly closing in and I am happy to report that I am in a good place, a very good place. I have a great deal to be grateful for. All I wanted was to head out of town for the day. So we drove up to Dia Beacon, where the galleries are airy and light and the art is cool and dry. Also I need to add that Fred Sandback was revolutionary.

top: interior window, photo by Richard Barnes
middle: Richard Serra
bottom: Fred Sandback 
Here is a portrait of Adam and I taken by Ruby. She's still getting the hang of it....
 We finished the day off at a local burger joint. Ruby played her first game of pinball. I don't eat meat often but I could not say no to this organic grass fed one. Perfect day.

7 comments:

flwrjane said...

Happy Birthday you!

One true thing I know for sure: it gets better with every year.

Though it looks pretty good for you right here,right now.

xo Jane

webb said...

Happy Birthday. A wise man told me once (when I was the ripe old age of 19) that a woman is at her best (he meant sexiest) in her 30's. Actually, I think it's 40's, but you can let me know in a decade or two! Enjoy.

Adrienne said...

Happy, Happy, Happy birthday! I adore the picture of you and your little one!

Brooke Howsley said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you got away to spend time with your family, it's great to see some shots of you guys :). Take care - go swimming!

Cindy said...

happy birthday ... looks like a wonderful day! we've only been to dia beacon once, but loved it.

Pretty Neat Designs said...

Happy Birthday! I found your blog through another blog and I am so glad I did! I am going to a wedding in Goshen this weekend and was looking for something to do in the area (from Boston and have never been to this area of NY before) and Dia:Beacon is only about 30 minutes away! Thank you so much for this post!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I adore Dia:Beacon! It might be my favorite space for viewing art. I've only had the pleasure of visiting one time. I would love to return.