Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hollyhocks



I have been home since Sunday with a sick little girl. My poor little bunny has her first winter cold. Between baking oatmeal cookies and making Valentine's cards, I have been planning my upcoming weddings. I can't wait to get my hands on flowers again. I was thumbing through a garden seed catalogue and dreaming of what I would plant if I had space. I know for sure I would plant hollyhocks. They are so spectacular. I like that they are kinda old fashion and a little bit country. I would love just one cut and placed in a tall vase. Perfection. Who out there has a garden? What do you plant?

5 comments:

flwrjane said...

I do! And I plant it all. Coming soon: lily of the valley both white and pink,muscari, scillia,iris,5 different kinds of peonies, red charm our favorite. Oh and snowdrops and spring lettuces, peas,peach blossoms, flowering plum, korean spice viburnum...i'll stop now with spring flowers. But I just got very excited.

sepal and twig said...

We are in the depths of a hot hot summer here so gardening tends to be at a standstill till the autumn rains finally come. My garden is full of unusual Australian plants but lately I have been going nuts over succulents!

Chemin des Muguets said...

Hi Denise,

I too love the old fashioned flowers. Come summer at the lake in upstate New York I love my wine barrel full of nasturtiums and morning glories, with hollyhocks behind.

Hope Little Pheasant is on the mend. The cookies and valentines should do the trick.

Fondly,

Marjorie

Denise Fasanello said...

Ooo Ladies, I am supremely jealous! I do hope you post pics on your blogs when they bloom. Thanks

Brooke Howsley said...

I'll have a garden soon, and can't wait to plant coralvine, sweetpeas and zinnias. I have a couple of friends who have offered to grow some things for me this year and I keep coming up with fun new things - they might be sorry they volunteered!!