Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year of Bouquets



I put together this little montage of my favorite bouquets this year. What a year! It has been 12 months since I left my desk job, kicked myself in gear and starting living the dream (sounds corny but it's so true). I want to burst into tears when I think about all who have cheered me on and supported my efforts. To all my gorgeous brides and grooms who trusted in me to create your flowers - Thank You! To my awesome babysitting mom who never complained when having to circle the block forever to find parking in my neighborhood.
A huge virtual hug to all that have left comments on this little ole' blog. I am so grateful to the new friends I have made. What a talented and thoughtful bunch. I find you all so inspiring. To the awesome crew of floral assistance who have helped me schlep, shear and shape all year. To Christine for driving us all around and talking me down a cliff more than once and to Ashley for being there from the beginning. And last but not least, a BIG loving thank you to my champ of a husband, for putting up with my early morning flower visits, my after hours client meetings but mostly for listening to me talk for so long about trying to make it happen. Thank you my love. None of this would be possible with you.

I am wishing everyone a peaceful and joyous new year. Go out there in the world and kick ass.

Here is to 2010. The adventure continues...

5 comments:

Coriander Girl said...

Way to go Denise! Women everywhere should stand up from their miserable desk jobs and toss their panty hose out the window! You're bouquets are lovely and you are a true inspiration. It's contagious, when one friend takes the leap others usually follow. It's so freeing once you make the decision! Here's to living your best life and the very best year ahead in 2010!

Brooke Howsley said...

Yay! After last year kicking my ass, I'm ready for 2010 to be an all-out wonderful, inspiring, dream-fulfilling kind of year. Your enthusiasm is contagious, and I wish you many more wonderful bouquets!

Hummingbird said...

Congratulations on a hugely successful leap & for all the beautiful floral arrangements you post on your gorgeous blog. I too am taking the plunge & while am not throwing in my current job completely am about to begin a commercial floristry course. I will revisit you regularly for inspiration! All the best.

Floralovely said...

Congratulations on a beautifully successful year! Wishing you all the best for a fabulous 2010 xo Louise

Tory said...

Beautiful work, one of my brides just hired you, I'm looking forward to photographing your work! cheers!