Thursday, October 18, 2012

Light it up

The pity party is definitely over. I did press the refresh button and I am on to the next! Thanks for your encouraging words. We rocked 3 very different yet equally lovely weddings last weekend all with the DFFD signature stamp. I was thoroughly exhausted after it all but was seriously walking on air after the Gramercy Park Hotel wedding. It was magical. I don't mean to brag (ok I do) it was everything I ever hoped my florals to be - refined, lush, sophisticated and unexpected. There was a crazy amount of thought and detail put into every piece. They were still life painting's come to life. I heard the term "cut and drop" they other day, referring to a style of designing...you know just plop it in the vase. I shuttered at the thought. As many of you know, there is nothing careless in wedding design work. Everything and I mean everything takes time and thought - from the smallest posy to the biggest urn arrangement. At least that's how I think about it. And the labor, more labor and more labor. I've been meaning to write about my thoughts on set up and stuff like that...one day.

Unfortunately, my photos suck as I ran out of time. Here is a measly sampling. I'm dying to see the pros shots. I swear it was terrific. Have a great weekend.



The ceremony was held at a gorgeous Synagogue nearby. I believe it was originally a Quaker meeting house by the layout. The Chuappah was simple and elegant with a heirloom canopy and trailing passion vine and jasmine. Double stick tape and zip ties are my favorite inventions of all time.


6 comments:

webb said...

Breath taking, denise.

Please post the professional pics if you get access tothem.

Unknown said...

Looks just beautiful! I've always wanted to see that hotel, and the flowers look perfect. Can't wait to see more photos!

Amelia said...

Absolutely gorgeous. The setting is made for your flower designs (how fancy of me). Makes me want to get married, even though I have been for 30 years.

umesh said...

wow, what a nice blog have you, such as "Little Pheasant", Thanks for sharing it!

Bow Street Flowers said...

I sometimes feell a little let down after the scurry of a big set up. It's kind of like graduation.. All that hard work comes to a screeching halt, everyone goes on about their business....
Those fleurs are gorgeous... And that chuppah Is the prettiest I've ever seen.

Suzi said...

Love the idea of a still life painting...you done did it. Stunning!