Thursday, March 22, 2012

Big Blue

Hello friends. I'm in such a great mood today. Who can help it with the glorious weather? The pear trees are in full bloom on Columbia Street and I'm actually drinking an iced coffee! Love. And what I love even more is this arrangement. Let's talk tall arrangements. What do you do? I always hesitate when being asked to create something tall. I'm not sure why? I obviously gravitate towards the spiky flowers - delphinium, larkspur, eremurus. On a side gripe...what I would give for foxglove or hollyhock! (damn you west coast florists and your amazing local farmers). Anyway, of course flowering branch is always gorgeous and gives you great height but sometimes, the budget does not allow. I needed something with presence and on price point. I wanted to keep it simple by only use 3 ingredients - deep blue delphinium, purple clematis and camelia foliage. I have another couple of tall guys coming up that included more stuff. I'll show you tomorrow. I do hope you get some time to spend outdoors today.






5 comments:

webb said...

Wow! my favorite colors and a lovely arrangement.

Bow Street Flowers said...

That found chair is perfect with the blues!!

Denise Fasanello said...

hahaha! You remembered! It's my go to blue prop :)

kat flower said...

so good d. x

Janet said...

Well, at least that delphinium is gorgeous. It kind of makes up for it not being hollyhock or foxglove.