Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fresh Bamboo

The call was for a modern simple Chuppah. I already had the bases (square metal containers with PVC pipes set in place with concrete). I went to Home Depot in Brooklyn - which I might add is the black hole of confusion and toxicity, to purchase more PVC pipes. I slipped them in the bamboo and then over the PVC pipes in the base and viola - it worked. We then filled it with wheat grass. Worked perfectly for a ceremony at the W Hotel which uses wheat grass in their decor. The canopy was all hand sewn and embroidered by the Mother of the Bride. It was stunning. I'm pushing her to start a side business in Chuppah canopies!


6 comments:

webb said...

It's such a pretty tradition, and I love this simple one you - and the MOB - have created.

Sprout said...

Fantastic and simple look! :-)

flwrjane said...

Fantastic.

I will rent/purchase when your side line is up and winning:)

Stay cool?

xo jane

Shelley said...

you're a genius!!

michele said...

What a pretty Chuppah!

Mike said...

I've been growing wheat grass and juicing it. It tastes so good and is super good for you. I love what you did here. You are so creative.