Friday, June 10, 2011

A New Friend Who is Really an Old Friend

Funny thing. An old childhood friend finds me on Facebook. Realizes I do flowers. Asks if I can send an arrangement to a mutual friend who has just had a baby girl. Sure, I say - I remember Karen we sat next to each other in 2nd grade. She was the smartest girl I knew and never made a mistake on her spelling tests. Ever. I take down the details. Turns out she lives directly across the street from me! How weird is that? I walk in and we are reunited. Hugs all around including her mother who remembers me and my mom. Karen has another daughter who is 4. I stare down at this little tow headed child and I see Karen as a child. We are 7 years old again.

4 comments:

webb said...

Moments like that make life so special. Congrats on reconnecting with an old/new friend. Great flowers, too!

Adrienne said...

Love that

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Came to this post expecting to read about flowers. Came away blinking back a tear. A sweet surprise...thanks!

heidi said...

What a great story! I know a lot of people who don't like facebook but it really has made a difference in my life – lots of new and old connections that I'm so grateful for.