Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"hope for the best and do what you can"

Earlier this week I placed an order for 5000 stems of pink flowers. By far the largest I have ever ordered for one event.  I have a super fancy fashionista filled party to design for next week. I hate the stress of parties right after a major holiday!! Needless to say my heart in is my throat (is that the saying?). I keep calling the wholesaler and asking if they have secured the flowers. "What if the airplane goes down and the flowers never make it here?"  - I say ridiculously. "Sweetheart, that's like saying what if the world ends?...we hope for the best and do what we can". Would you be comforted by that? I guess it will have to do. I leave you with this image off Mary Ruffle's tumbler (where I go for a visual spa day).


5 comments:

susan {florali} said...

Denise,
I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Susan

megan said...

Securing product is the 2nd most stressful part of the job {I place fussing over product to make sure it lasts first}. There's nothing more you can do till it arrives, so relax and let it go. Besides, even if the order came out all wrong, you would still create something breathtaking. Because that's just what you do.

flwrjane said...

You are right of course, it does happen.

Not not often. And if anything does go wrong, we'll help fill the order from our wholesalers here and have our drive bring them up. It can't be just one plane right? Several planes will leave Holland ( I presume) with the goods.

Maybe now that you put it out here, your stress level will do down.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
XO Jane

webb said...

Can't even imagine how much space 5,000 stems take up. Did you have to rent a warehouse to hold them. Good luck with the event. Your work is always lovely and this will be, too.

Denise Fasanello said...

Ladies, I am actually covering an 8' sculpture of stacked perfume bottles!! Not to mention making dozens of pink arrangements. It's going to be nuts. Thanks for the support!!! xo