Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wedding Crasher Flowers








Phew! Despite being on my feet all day I had so much fun at the Wedding Crashers event. Food was sampled, drinks were sipped, bands and dj's jammed, white dresses and feathery headpieces abounded. I can't help it, I just love weddings and parties and the like. I loved seeing all these couples planning for the big day. I say this to all the brides and grooms now: I know it seems like a lot of hassle at times but try to enjoy the process. I still sort of miss my wedding planning stages. I spied a young bride and her mom chatting and sipping champagne and I tell you I got choked up thinking about being there (maybe) one day with my little pheasant. I know, I know - she's not even in kindergarten! Watch her elope. Between meeting couples, bloggers, stylists and fellow wedding vendors I was able to chit chat with my super talented friend Breck from Sesame Letterpress and Dawn from One Girl Cookies (YUM).

Here are some snaps of the flowers I did for the event. I went super girly with the milk glass. I couldn't help myself. I used luscious pink garden roses, paperwhites, anemones, rununculus, geranium, veronica, fiddlehead ferns, kumquats and raspberry on the branch, light green hydrangea, peach hyacinth, deep purple tulips, black beauty roses, these giant apricot roses and coral and pink spray rose. The paperwhites, hyacinth, garden roses and geranium filled the air with a super heady floral scent.

Thank you to Nicole at Brooklyn Based for pulling off such an awesome event.


7 comments:

Coriander Girl said...

Beautiful display! I'm right there with you and the milk glass. Frankly, I'm a little obsessed and might need an intervention! Wish I could have been there to see your flowers up close!

Chemin des Muguets said...

Good Job Denise! You made yourself proud. I love, love the milkglass arrangements. What are the crozier elements-ferns? Hope you get lots of follow-ups.

Marjorie

Kim @ Inspired Goodness said...

Everything looked great Denise! It was great to meet you and hope we get an opportunity to work on an event sometime in the very near future!

melissa Brown said...

You had me at milk glass!

flwrjane said...

paperwhites under glass= paperwhite perfection.

Cindy said...

your bouquets are just perfect to me. i'd love my valentine to see them and take my subtle HINT ;)!

Hummingbird said...

Well done these are such beautiful, perfectly pretty arrangements. I love the vessels you have chosen, particularly the milk glass, & the lace ribbon around the bouquet in the seventh photo is a sweet touch!