Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Terra Cotta and Candle Light






Back in June I did the biggest wedding of my career at the Angel Orensanz Foundation. The sweetest bride just gave me a disk with all 1800 images! I have poured over every amazing one. You see, I planned and planned and planned for this event...down to every last individual lavender bundle tied to the napkins (all 200...thank you very much). I was a little lost on what was happening on the mantel. In the end, of course it was one of my favorite details - big mass of Queen Anne's Lace, bunches of beets and artichokes, terra cotta pots of wild herbs and moss. The 2 buffets on either side of the mezzanine mirrored each other in design - plum branch and viburnum, pots of lavender, peonies and hydrangea, stalks of rosemary with figs and radishes. This was for the cocktail area. I will post the reception, chuppah and the personal flowers soon.

3 comments:

Chemin des Muguets said...

Denise,

What an accomplishment! I love the Queen Anne's Lace!

Cheers,

Marjorie

megan said...

This is absolutely breathtaking! I can't wait to see the rest!

littlebyrd said...

Oh wow! What a treat to see your work :) I love love love the terra cotta with herbs and moss - perfect!!!